Wilson Elementary School Community Council Minutes

January 11, 2018


Attending: Liz Halaufia, Amy Cox, Michelle Jensen, Sue Sorenson, Susan Woolley, Katie Harris and Bill Bradford

Excused: Stephani Dickson, Jennifer Beach

Introductions: (2 min.) Michelle Jensen

  • Welcome

Review and Approve Minutes from Previous Meeting: (5 min.) 
Susan Woolley moved the November minutes be accepted.  Liz Haluafia seconded.  The motion was unanimous to accept the minutes.  

Business Items (30 min.) Sue

  • Parent Involvement Night – March 22 from 5:30-6:30 was the date selected for the STEAM parent involvement night.  Assignments were made to contact various groups to do demonstrations. 
  • Kindergarten Registration will be April 10-12.  We discussed ideas on how we can encourage more parents to register at that time.  Ideas included:  drawing for gift cards, free t-shirt, explaining why we needed them to do it now due to the impact on staffing.  Sue will share these ideas with the district team as well. 
  • Riverside Drive Walkway – Michelle, Sue and 2 PTA representatives will be meeting with Mayor Daines to discuss ideas for walking along Riverside Drive at the end of January.  Council members shared their suggestions and concerns about walking on that section.  
  • Other Safe Walking Routes were discussed.  Concerns were brought up about a 4 way stop being needed on the corner of 400 East and 100 South.  Flags have been added to that intersection.  There is also a concern with 500 East and 100 South.  Both will be mentioned in the meeting with Mayor Daines.  They will also discuss the need for sidewalks on Upper Canyon Road.  
  • Trustlands budget update - Of the $49,468, we have spent $24,653 as of this month.
  • A new school logo was selected. 
  • Community Council would like 

Debrief/ New Business (5 mins) Michelle
Notice: *All meetings will begin on time and the schedule will be kept
*If you have items you would like to add to the agenda please e-mail suggestions to Sue Sorenson: sue.sorenson@loganschools.org
 

Next meeting February 8 from 3-4